St Andrew's win second round of Leinster Schools' Chess League
The St Andrew's College chess team won an impressive 5-0 victory against Newpark in the Leinster Schools' Chess League on Monday 28 November. The 5-0 clean sweep built on a first round victory against St. Benildus College on 17 November.
St Andrew's was represented by the following chess players:
- Tom O'Gorman (2MCL) - Board One
- Ross Beatty (3M) - Board Two
- Sacha Bistany Savi (3FN) - Board Three
- William Walsh-Dowd (3M) - Board Four
- Jonathon Walsh-Dowd (1M) - Board Five
Congratulations to all of our players on a fantastic start to the tournament. The team will now look towards the third round matches against Clonkeen College.